Proverbs can move mountains! Want to make a difference? Be the difference! They always say if there is a topic you want to read about, go to the Bible. Porn? Bible. Good deeds? Bible. Heros? Bible. Murder? Bible. In this chapter, men learn how to be Godly men and Godly women. Learn how to be Confident, and teach your children confidence.
***At this point, we are prepared to discuss gracious faith with your children which leads us to wisdom. Let me preface this by reiterating to say that I would never persuade you to make a choice of forgiveness or compassion for someone who is dangerous to you or your children. Please remember that you can forgive someone in your heart without continuing to find yourself in situations with those toxic people!
This week, in my study of Proverbs 31:26 with my daughter, I continually come to find, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:8-10
So, here’s the thing. God is gracious; because of His Grace, we live! I am encouraged and drawn to teach my 2-1/2 year old daughter that nothing she ever does will make Jesus not love her. Nothing she ever does will ever make me, her daddy, or her brothers not love her. That said, no Earthly relationship that she currently thinks she understands will compare to the greatness of God’s love for her.
So to live like Him, to try…. we must forgive those that hurt us. We do not have to surround ourselves with negativity, nor their wishy-washy love. We do not have to allow them to continue harming us. But, in order for our hearts to be right, we must forgive and jump past the pain they try, the Devil tries, to place in us. We pray for them. We respect them. We combat their hate with God.
- What’s Great: Make a list of people your child knows. Ask them what is great about each and every one.
Due to Mommy’s migraine, Kara watched a lot of Tinkerbell today. At bedtime we talked about relatives we haven’t seen in awhile and found good things in them!
- Proverbs Week 15 Coloring Printable
- Good Thoughts Bad Thoughts Stamping: I laid out paper in the kitchen and gave Kara two sponges with paint on it. We then jumped paper to paper and stamped the bad thoughts red and good thoughts green. Pictures helped. Post coming soon with pictures and printables. Super fun messes!
- Call 3 people to say I love you, Jesus loves you.
- Craft Something for Sunday School Teachers –> The possibilities are enddddless! Come back Friday for the release of what we crafted!