Proverbs can move mountains! Want to make a difference? Be the difference! They always say if there is a topic you want to read about, go to the Bible. Porn? Bible. Good deeds? Bible. Heros? Bible. Murder? Bible. In this chapter, men learn how to be Godly men and Godly women. Learn how to be Confident, and teach your children confidence.
She knows her trading, her work, and her successes are good and pure. The virtuous woman, a proverbs 31 woman, knows her performance and products she produces are good. She is in constant search to do good, make good, and succeed. Two weeks ago we talked about how she invested in herself (the Bible wife invested in a vineyard) and was committed (last week’s lesson) to completing the work, no matter how hard, to find success and bring confidence in her plan. The virtuous woman is not full of self-doubt and despair. She puts her mind into her work, and completes it no matter how much work it takes.
Girls are learning about the virtuous woman to be the best she can be. Our boys are learning about the virtuous woman they should grow to long for, therefore learning how to make themselves better as well. This week, in particular, is the epitome of children needing to follow a strong example. It is up to us parents to be the great example!
As a mother, as a Christian mother, I believe the #1 way to instill a hard work ethic and encourage my children to appreciate their own successes in confidence, is to model the behavior. If I slack, they’ll slack. If I work hard, they’ll see that.
Ways to Teach Your Child to Give:
- Make cookies for the police department
- Kids giving out simple trinket toys to kids at the mall
- Operation christmas child
- Drinks for mail men
- Donating Stuffed Animals to hospitals
- Pick up Trash (make sure the location is age appropriate – no toddlers on the sides of interstates)
- Writing Letters and mailing to friends and those we love…. SNAIL MAIL!
- Taping quarters on parking meters and drink machines.
- Taking snacks to hospital waiting rooms.
- Bury Treasure at the Playground
- Leave a letter and a dollar in a library book
- Leave “Bags of Love” on gas pumps
- Fill up warm socks with goodies for the homeless
- Plant a Garden & at Harvest Donate all the produce
- Go through and decide which stuffed animals to donate!
- Today’s Discussion: Tonight we talked about why we gave away so many animals. We gave away all the animals that had no “attachment” or memory with, and of those remaining I had her give away one more. Why? No, its not mean. But, if she only gives away her “trash,” she isn’t really sacrificing. The animal she chose to give away additionally was actually one she bought herself with her own money a few weeks ago from the dollar store. I couldn’t believe it! We spent the bedtime routine talk discussing the names of the animals she gave away and where they were tonight.
- Donate Pencils to a School
- Week 9 Proverbs Coloring Page Printable
- Tonight’s Discussion: For Kara’s first birthday, we had her party attendants bring used, new, or extra pencils to her party. Our goal was 10,000 pencils to donate to Elementary schools in the county. Today we went into our stash that we’ve been collecting for over a year now. Today we donated 5,600 pencils to Elementary schools for students who cannot afford their own. She was super excited and tonight she asked if she could go to the store to buy more for more kids.
- Operation Christmas Child
- Tonight’s Discussion: It’s September! Why start now? Because if we plan harder and start earlier we can do more. Planning and working hard are keys to success, and our work is never done! As women of Christ, it is our job to work hard so that we can give freely. It is important to teach our children the same. This week we made a chore chart for Kara (coming soon) so that she can earn money doing chores to put specifically into children’s operation Christmas child!
- Bake Cookies for the police station
- Tonight’s Discussion: Who doesn’t love baking cookies?? Kara certainly does… and sneaking licks of sugar! The cookies were a HUGE Success at the office and Kara’s little girls were amazing too! We talked about policemen for hours!
Is anyone joining us on our FACEBOOK page? Please do! Lets us know if you are studying proverbs with us! We have 14 more weeks of activities left!