Proverbs can move mountains! Want to make a difference? Be the difference! They always say if there is a topic you want to read about, go to the Bible. Porn? Bible. Good deeds? Bible. Heros? Bible. Murder? Bible. In this chapter, men learn how to be Godly men and Godly women. Learn how to be Confident, and teach your children confidence.
During discussions, I’ve seen that many women disagree about the value and meaning of this verse within the Proverbs description of a model wife, a model woman. For me, I feel like humans were intended to do work – men and women alike. Maybe different types of work, maybe the same. Maybe intellectual, maybe physical. None the less, work. Furthermore, in the sense of husbands and wives… I feel like wives are made to compliment their husbands, not depend on them. Husbands rely on their wives just as much as wives rely on their husbands.
Previously, we’ve talked about how our children are: more valuable than rubies, confident and important human beings, eager beavers as Christ-like adults should be, that their work ethics are vital, and then last week that men and women are of equal value. This week, we will talk a little about their futures instead of their nows. We will discuss work. For the purpose of their understanding, we will specifically join this week’s lessons to last week’s nourishment of food and talk about the work of planing fruits and veggies, along with flowers, in a garden! Come, join us! For free printable, conversation topics, and activities that challenge our children of all ability levels.
- Gardening: 123homeschool4me.com has some superb and super cute little coloring sheets for bugs typically found out in the garden. Instead of printing them as she presented them, I resized each image a little smaller and stuck four on a page. I then let Kara paint them with Ketchup, Mustard, Mayonnaise, and Relish for each of the colors needed to complete the images. This was a super fun sensory activity, as she had to taste and smell everything.
- Digging for Garden Bugs: Recently, I started making Kara a felt activity quiet book. Anyway, basically I took the bug beads that were left over and threw them in a pan of dirt. Kara loves dirt, and loves her shovel.
- Discussion: Work can be fun. There is no reason to despise your work, but there is reason to be disciplined enough to complete work. What is discipline? Why is work important? Do you like work? Listen up parents, your kid’s answers to these questions may shock you!
- L is for Letters: We are up to learning about letter L at this point. We have a huge floor pad with interlocking letters. Today we took each of the letters to the driveway. Kara traced them and jumped on them. I let her free play with them, because like I said – she really isn’t that into letters at this point, and I do not want to push her further away. We reviewed colors with them, “Hey! What letter is the A!” and stamped water with them onto the hot pavement. It was a super wonderful afternoon of letters for a girl who despises numbers!
- Topic of Discussion: Why must we spend time learning things we do not always enjoy? Is it “work” to learn something we don’t want to learn? What happens if we get lazy and stop learning? What if we don’t teach you anything else? What happens?
- Planting Flowers
- L is for Lemurs, Lobsters, Lambs, and Lions (hand art) – photos coming soon!
- Topic of Discussion: What is the difference in discipline and punishment? What is the difference in consuming and nourishment? What are the pros of discipline and nourishment and the cons of punishment and consuming? How do themes such as gluttony (consuming) or the lack of learning (punishment) affect you in your life?
- Decorating with Flowers – Remember our woven basket we made three weeks ago? Today, make an arrangement with a few flowers, either chosen or grown, by your child to add to the gift basket your child is making for someone special in their lives.
- Letter L Decorating Pages
- Topic of Discussion: Why should we add flowers we’ve grown or specially chosen for that person? Growing is hard work. Choosing is special, thoughtful, and time consuming. When you invest your time into something, you love it even more. Who are you giving your basket to? Do you love them? Why are you choosing to invest in this person?
- Week 6 Proverbs Coloring Printable
- Fruits and Veggies from Afar: I first saw a version of my idea on Kid World Citizen. With a Montessori approach, writer Becky teaches her children about world foods and their placement on a world map. On Tuesday of Week 4 in our Bible Study, we started learning states on a US State map. Kara still loves this activity and now can identify where Hawaii, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, North Carolina, Maine, Ohio, and North Dakota are. We do it 2-3 times a day for 3-4 minutes at a time. So today, I printed off a few pictures of fruits and veggies, and taped them to our map.We put Oranges in Florida, Potatoes in Idaho, Broccoli in California, and Apples in North Carolina. This means we were able to add two more states to Kara’s list of known states today!
- Lizzard Shape of L
- Topic of Discussion: What is diversity? What is culture? Why is it important to be accepting of all people? Sing Jesus Loves Me with me….. red and yellow, black and white. What does this mean?
Is anyone joining us on our FACEBOOK page? Please do! Lets us know if you are studying proverbs with us! We have 14 more weeks of activities left!